Who We Are
Our ministry is a direct offshoot of our church's commitment to outreach ministry. This ministry was founded under the leadership of our current pastor. The ministry has been in place since July 1999. We travel to men's and women's prisons at least once a week. We are a nondenominational intervention ministry.
Our vision is to be a model for social intervention ministries. While we believe in meeting the spiritual needs of people wherever and however we find them, we believe it is more important to try and reach them before they fall into state of disgrace. Our focus is strong intervention and prevention. If we can help a man stop his slide into disgrace, than it is easier to help him become a positive and motivated servant of Christ.
Types Of Activity
1. Home visitations to children of incarcerated parents.
2. School visitations to at risk children.
3. Letter camapigns that involve teaching the basics of reading and writing for adults and their children.
4. Weekly prison and jail visits for bible study and worship services.
5. Parenting skills classes for at risk adults.
Surry County, Forsyth County and Guilford County (North Carolina)
Our magazine (newsletter)Our outreach ministry efforts begin in the homes of at-risk adults and children. We make a concentrated effort to reach them before we attempt to teach them and long before we try to preach to them.
About Our Prison Ministry
To be completed
Pray for this ministry!