Who We Are
Prison Ministry Guinea. The Guinean section named Prison Ministry Guinea was found in 1998 under the initiative of Brother Joel Matho Loramou (son of a ex- prisoner).
Our vision is to exhort and serve the body of Christ in prisons and in the community in it’s ministry to prisoners, ex-prisoners, victims and their families, and in it’s advancement of biblical standards of justice in the criminal justice system.
Types Of Activity
Prison Ministry Guinea activities are based on (Mathew 25:35) they respond to the needs of prisoners, ex-prisoners, victims and their families.
The basic activity comprises:
• Visits, evangelisation and Bible study in prisons
• Alphabetisation and professional training
• Assistance: Feeding, clothing and medical
• Followed by social rehabilitation after release
• Visits and assistance to families
• Angel Tree (Prisoners children party on Christmas day)
We serve in the six(6)big prisons in the six (6) big towns of our country that are:
a) The central prison of Conakry, the capital
b) Kindia civil Prison in Kindia about 139Km away from the capital
c) Mamou civil Prison in Mamou about 290Km away from the capital
d) Gueckedou civil Prison in Gueckedou about 600Km away from the capital
e) N’Zerekore civil Prison in N’Zerelore about 950Km away from the capital
f) Lola civil Prison in Lola about 1010Km away from the capital
Our magazine (newsletter)Our newsletter is 12 times a year, one and half page and it's for free.
About Our Prison Ministry
Our ministry is recognised and agreed by the government as a Non Governmental Organization (NGO). We are found in the Republic of Guinea – Conakry situated in West Africa.
• Bibles (English and French) for prisoners
• Pharmaceutical products, alimentations and clothing’s
• The realisation of the construction of our Health centre project
• Necessary means for the good function of our primary school, the tailoring centre in the Kindia prison that are already functioning
• Soap making project for prisoners and ex-prisoners